WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Come on in. Kick back. Relax. Stay a while.

This blog is dedicated to my adventure in photography. You'll see bits of my adopted hometown, New Orleans, as well as plenty of pictures of my sons, Dylan and Logan, and, of course, the children and families that allow me to capture the special moments in their lives.

I'll be updating the blog frequently, so add me to your blog reader. And if you have a blog yourself, I'd love to be added to your blog roll. Lastly I love comments so if you've particularly enjoyed a post or a photo please let me know!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Outtakes: Baby Sibel

Every session it seems that I have a handful of outtakes that for one reason or another, I love. But because they don't fit the traditional idea of what a professional portrait should look like, they languish inside my computer and never see the light of day. Today I'm rebelling. I love outtakes. And I think you might too. So here are a couple of outtakes from my newborn session with little miss Sibel.

Mom's hand was both soothing the baby and holding her head in the position we wanted. Typically I wouldn't even have snapped it, but I loved the look of contentment that came over her face when she felt mom's magic touch.

Ha ha, not nearly as peaceful, but very, very real as any one who's ever had a newborn can testify. I love crying shots. Maybe I'm just mean, but the big drama that little babies can create both amazes and amuses me.
Let me know if you like seeing the outtakes and I'll try to make it a regular feature on the blog!





3 comments:

Heather said...

Hello! I've been a long time reader of your blog, though this is my first commet...I love the outtakes and would love to see them more often. These two are just precious!

Unknown said...

Love em!!!

Unknown said...

I actually LOVE the first one so much I wouldn't consider it an outtake. That's the kind of "outtake" that I even show to parents! :) Really sweet image. I do show my family the crying ones, too! They almost always get a small print of those! ;)