WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Come on in. Kick back. Relax. Stay a while.

This blog is dedicated to my adventure in photography. You'll see bits of my adopted hometown, New Orleans, as well as plenty of pictures of my sons, Dylan and Logan, and, of course, the children and families that allow me to capture the special moments in their lives.

I'll be updating the blog frequently, so add me to your blog reader. And if you have a blog yourself, I'd love to be added to your blog roll. Lastly I love comments so if you've particularly enjoyed a post or a photo please let me know!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life with Two Under Two

I get a lot of questions about how Dylan is adapting to life as part of a duo rather than a solo act. Mostly from wary friends and clients who are expecting their own second bundle of joy. Well let me tell you, it's certainly been interesting. At only 18 months old when Logan was born, Dylan was still very much a baby himself. And he still is, but less and less so every day.

I won't lie. The first few weeks were ROUGH. Every time I needed to hold, nurse, or otherwise care for Logan, Dylan would cry. And if you have any experience with newborns, you know that means that Dylan was crying ALOT. For a tired, frazzled mom with a newborn that was so, so hard. We actually kept Dylan in daycare part-time for the first month or so just to preserve my sanity. But as difficult as those first few weeks were, Dylan seems to have adjusted quickly. Now he loves patting Logan gently on his head and belly. Rocking him in his carrier. And giving him kisses and love. All closely supervised of course. (I've also caught Dylan trying to ride Logan like a horse when Logan was on his playmat!)

And in return Logan loves Dylan. I have to work for those big smiles, but Dylan just has to stand in front of him and Logan is all grins. So all in all, it's gotten much easier. It's still hectic of course and getting out of the house is twice the feat it used to be, but most days go relatively smoothly. Dylan even decided to share his toys with Logan today. I swear he did this all by himself!


And if you know Dylan, you know that cars and trucks are his favorite things in the whole world so this is pretty huge. For his part, Logan was appreciative. He thought the car was pretty tasty.

2 comments:

Susan Busch said...

Hi,

As a fellow two-under-twoer, I can totally relate!!! I wrote a post on this very topic last month ... you can check it out at http://1yearapart.blogspot.com/2008/07/welcome-home-with-snarl-clatter-and.html

My whole blog is dedicated to the challenges of managing two kids one-year-ish apart ... I would love to build a community of similarly situated moms. I welcome your feedback and contributions! (I will be sure to check back in here as well.)

Sue

Baby Bunching said...

We have recently launched a site to help those Baby Bunchers (two under two). We're writing a book as well. Check us out. www.babybunching.com