WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Come on in. Kick back. Relax. Stay a while.

This blog is dedicated to my adventure in photography. You'll see bits of my adopted hometown, New Orleans, as well as plenty of pictures of my sons, Dylan and Logan, and, of course, the children and families that allow me to capture the special moments in their lives.

I'll be updating the blog frequently, so add me to your blog reader. And if you have a blog yourself, I'd love to be added to your blog roll. Lastly I love comments so if you've particularly enjoyed a post or a photo please let me know!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sneak Peek: Aleicia + Chancellor [New Orleans Maternity Photographer]

The day of Aleicia and Chancellor's session, I was watching the weather carefully. We had planned an early evening session in the park, planning to take advantage of the beautiful golden light that appears just an hour or so before sunset.

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans, right? Rain was predicted that day but as late afternoon arrived the sky was overcast (so much for my golden light) but the rain held off. We pushed our session a bit earlier to compensate for the dark sky. And then, just as I was walking out the door IT started. Big fat raindrops. I popped back inside to call Aleicia again. First we decided to postpone. Then we decided to go ahead and make the best of it with an indoor session.

But as I pulled up to Aleicia and Chancellor's house, the rain stopped. My golden light was still MIA, but I wasn't about to quibble with mother nature. We got a few quick shots inside and then headed outside. We decided against heading to our original location as time and daylight were growing short and instead opted to take advantage of their Uptown location. I think the results are well worth all the last-minute coordination.





A+ C - I hope you enjoy the sneak peek! And to all the other moms-to-be out there, let me know if an Uptown maternity session appeals to you!

No comments: