WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Come on in. Kick back. Relax. Stay a while.

This blog is dedicated to my adventure in photography. You'll see bits of my adopted hometown, New Orleans, as well as plenty of pictures of my sons, Dylan and Logan, and, of course, the children and families that allow me to capture the special moments in their lives.

I'll be updating the blog frequently, so add me to your blog reader. And if you have a blog yourself, I'd love to be added to your blog roll. Lastly I love comments so if you've particularly enjoyed a post or a photo please let me know!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our exciting day yesterday

Yesterday was mostly spent settling back in post-Gustav. While we didn't get hit, Gustav still left behind some repercussions. Mostly a ton of debris and several days without power - which equals one distgusting refrigerator.

So I was cleaning all the refrigerator shelves and Dylan was "helping" me when he took a spill on the kitchen floor. But instead of bouncing back like my baby normally does, he kept fussing and holding his wrist. I couldn't see any swelling, bruising, or marks and he was super tired so I put him down for a nap. He woke up about an hour later crying and still fussing with his wrist. He was holding his right arm straight down by his side and wouldn't use it all. So off we went to the pediatrician.

The doctor thought it was something called "nursemaid's elbow," where part of the elbow pops out of joint, but he didn't want to pop it back it without making sure there wasn't a cracked bone in there somewhere. Dylan was crying so hard while the doctor was moving his arm around that it brought tears to my eyes and broke my heart. He's normally such a rough and tumble kid.

Anyway we were sent off to the hospital for an x-ray. The doctor's office arranged it so we went to an outpatient xray lab instead of the emergency room - thank god! Keep in mind that in addition to a very clingy, upset toddler, I was also toting around a hungry, fussy baby too. By myself. Luckily, the xray came back clean so it was back to the pediatrician to look at his elbow again. The pedi manipulated Dylan's arm around a bit more and said he could feel it pop back in place. Poor Dylan was screaming and crying, but it really did seem to miraculously feel better. Almost immediately he wasn't fussing or tugging on it anymore and he started using his right hand again.

Fun times... But I'm so glad my little boy is better and acting like his normal self again.

No comments: