WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Come on in. Kick back. Relax. Stay a while.

This blog is dedicated to my adventure in photography. You'll see bits of my adopted hometown, New Orleans, as well as plenty of pictures of my sons, Dylan and Logan, and, of course, the children and families that allow me to capture the special moments in their lives.

I'll be updating the blog frequently, so add me to your blog reader. And if you have a blog yourself, I'd love to be added to your blog roll. Lastly I love comments so if you've particularly enjoyed a post or a photo please let me know!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sesame Street... Drouet-Style!

A scene from our household tonight:

Kevin came home this evening after a stressful day at the office, fixed himself a 3-olive vodka martini, and sat down on the sofa to unwind. Within moments Dylan was at his side, pointing at his drink and yelling, "Ah-ah-ah-ah," which is Dylanspeak for "I want that!" In reality what Dylan wanted was the cocktail spear holding the olives, which he mistakenly thought was a straw. There's nothing more enticing than drinking through a straw in Dylanworld.

At any rate, Dylan was clearly not going to get a vodka martini, but no amount of, "That's daddy's," and "No, not for Dylan," was having any effect on our very determined and vocal toddler. Then Kevin suddenly realized that he was sitting under a painting in our living room of three martini glasses done by a local artist. So he seized on the opportunity to distract and educate Dylan. He held his glass up next to the painting and said, "Look Dylan, they are all the same. One martini glass. Two martini glasses. Three martini glasses. Four martini glasses. Look Dylan, four martini glasses." Yup, martini glass math. That's how we roll.

No comments: