WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Come on in. Kick back. Relax. Stay a while.

This blog is dedicated to my adventure in photography. You'll see bits of my adopted hometown, New Orleans, as well as plenty of pictures of my sons, Dylan and Logan, and, of course, the children and families that allow me to capture the special moments in their lives.

I'll be updating the blog frequently, so add me to your blog reader. And if you have a blog yourself, I'd love to be added to your blog roll. Lastly I love comments so if you've particularly enjoyed a post or a photo please let me know!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Hold Your Kids a Little Tighter Today

Hug them, even if they try to squirm away. Kiss them, even if they don't want you to. Love them, even if they are misbehaving. I know I will. Today Dylan's impish antics will be a little less exasperating. Today Logan's never-ending desire to nurse will feel a little less confining. Because today I've been reminded of just how suddenly and cruelly our children can be taken away from us.

Yesterday afternoon Kevin's cousin and his wife lost their little girl, Faith. She was only two and half months old. In fact her due date was just two days after Logan's, although she was born almost a month earlier than him due to severe heart problems. Against incredible odds, Faith seemed to be triumphing over her medical challenges. Just 4 pounds at birth, she had a fighting spirit and a strong will to live. But yesterday her little heart just gave out. I don't know all the details, but I know with a mother's certainty that her family's hearts are broken and their grief knows no bounds.

So hug, hold, kiss and love your kids a little extra today for them. And if you pray, please keep them in your prayers.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'll be thinking of and praying for them. I'm so sorry for the family's loss. :(

mandi said...

Amy how sad, I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

Kim said...

Amy..
I am so sorry. Sending prayers to Angel Faith's family. {{HUGS}}

Kelly said...

I'm am so sorry Amy, I will be thinking about all of you.

Jennifer said...

Your family is in my prayers.